50th Surprise Birthday Party!
Last September 19th was the best surprise birthday party I ever had! It was the only surprise birthday party I ever had! I can’t tell you how amazing it was and how ugly I am when I cry unless I show you the picture, however, I think I burned it, it was ugly, I just can’t embellish enough on that one!
My cake was a Mickey Mouse masterpiece. The fact that my family and everyone I work with kept a secret, which believe me, no one I work with can keep a secret longer than a breath, was amazing. All these well wishers were astonishing to me. I love to entertain and plan parties and to have one planned and executed for me was such a wonderful gift.
Now that I am going to turn 51 on Friday I want to note some of the highlights and lowlights this last year. The party was the start of a wonderful year, kind of.
- My daughter, Alexa and her boyfriend Brett, became engaged in December…love is sweet.
- I had a hysterectomy in January! Woo hoo, sex without birth control! Love it! (oh, I should put that in my Love It Hate It segment…note to self).
- I hemorrhaged 20 days later and almost died the night of the 29th. (Goes in the Hate It segment for sure.) I saw the light and for the second time within two years was not drawn to it, yet. Punkin, Alexa and Andy and all the prayers of my friends and family brought me back yet again. Although, in the Love It segment could go the “able to have Dilauded whenever I wanted to” because I was in ICU for four days! See, silver lining in everything!
- In fear for my life to ever have sex again (with or without birth control) after the January 29th episode!
- Married 29 years in April of this year…and to the same Punkin! Now that is a feat in itself (especially with the fear of sex now fully imbedded in our life)!
Special note here, no pictures of the last four items because they only involved pictures of a uterus, blood, lots of blood, more blood, blood transfusions, pills and no sex…I mean who needs to see that stuff?
And number ONE thing…going to Disney in three days to celebrate my 51st birthday (sex or no sex, who the hell cares?) ITS DISNEY FOR HEAVEN SAKES!
What amazing things happened to you this year? Go ahead, tell me about your “Dilauded” and “no sex”…oh, that’s just me! Tell me anyway, I can live vicariously through you.